Food Vendor Application
The Mississippi Department of Archives and History (MDAH) is accepting applications for food trucks and vendors selling from pop-up tents for its annual Mississippi Makers Fest on Saturday, May 13, 2023, from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. in downtown Jackson. Applications will be selected based on a number of criteria, including: proposed items, price of items, completeness of application, and space availability. The application period has passed.
Food Vendor Amenities
- Free Wi-Fi
- Discounted hotel stays
- Event security
- Ice vendor onsite
Type of Vendor
Food Trucks offer fast festival food that is prepared within their truck. All operations stay within the truck.
Food Vendors prepare and sell food from 10x10 pop up tent. Operations cannot extend off the sides of the booth.
- A Mississippi State Department of Health Food Permit and valid letter grade must be displayed during event. Temporary permits through the Mississippi State Department of Health will be accepted.
- Vendors should provide a copy of Certificate of Liability Insurance.
- Vendors must sell their products from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Vendors must be able to setup prior to 10 a.m.
- Accepted vendors must pay a $250 fee to participate. Accepted vendors will be notified by email. A vendor who is accepted must submit this payment in full in order to participate in the festival.
- Food Trucks may set up an additional table.
- Vendors must provide their own electricity and water.
- No grease or gray water disposal is available.
- Food vendors who fry food must be in a food truck only. Food vendors with a pop-up tent are NOT permitted to fry onsite.
- Food trucks and food vendors will provide all required equipment for operations and sales.
- All vendors may sell any non-alcoholic beverages.
- Food vendors retain 100% of their sales and are responsible for paying their own taxes.