Mississippi Makers Fest seeks Mississippi-based artists and artisans to sell their products at this event on Saturday, May 13, 2023.
Join the Mississippi Department of Archives and History (MDAH) at the Mississippi Makers Fest on Entergy Plaza at the Two Mississippi Museums and along North Street on Saturday, May 13, 2023, from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. This festival will feature Mississippi artisans, live music, make-and-take activities, food trucks, and more. The Mississippi Makers Fest offers a juried marketplace with low booth fees, artist hospitality perks, well-equipped facilities, generous parking, and security for our Makers. This event will be advertised across the Southeast, bringing in visitors from all over the region to support our talented Mississippians. Application deadline has passed.
- 10’ x 10’ tent and one 8’ table
- Free Wi-fi
- Easy curbside loading and unloading
- Overnight trailer parking
- Discounted hotel stays
- Event security, the State of Mississippi is not be responsible for loss or damage of any kind.
- Makers must be at least 18 years of age.
- Makers are required to sell their products from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Accepted Makers must pay a $150 booth fee to participate ($75 for non-profits; proof of 501(c)3 status required). A Maker who is selected by the jury and accepts the invitation to exhibit must submit his or her booth fee payment in full in order to participate in the festival. Failure to respond by the deadline may result in forfeiture of participation status. Artists will be provided with an online payment link after the jury results are announced.
- Makers may bring additional tables.
- Makers must set-up and take-down their own display.
- Makers retain 100% of their sales but are required to submit taxes at the end of the event.
MDAH reserves the right to prevent an artist from displaying work that is not representative of the images originally submitted in the Maker application.
Selection is based on originality of work shown, salability, and a desire to keep the media in the show balanced. The artist statement, price range, process, and materials used will be available to a jury panel to aid in the scoring process. All applicants will be notified whether accepted, denied, or waitlisted.
The application period has passed. Applicants will be notified via email.